Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Twat's (what's) New PussyKat?

Greetings

Well my car had the dick!

Seems age has well and truly "rooted" it rust-wise so it's off to the "knackers yard" for my Ford EB Falcon aka the "Cancer Car" as one mate called it due to the bonnet's peeling paintwork!.

Looking around for another "bomb" doing it on-line with email alerts o  my criteria, NOT a bad way to hunt I think...should see a result soon BUTT I'm taking my time as to NOT to be hasty and buy a "lemon" with problems.

Health is so so, due in a week or so to check in the my G.P and get the ball rolling for referral to hospital to sort out my damn nerve damage and swelling in my left foot with IS playing merry hell with my mobility at present.

I've heard tonight my old cadet outfit the AAFC (formerly ATC - Air Training Corps (AIRTC in my day) is forming an Alumni association for former cadets, and Instructors - Officers and Airmen, which I was the latter...A humble L.A.C!

Be interesting to see if they get it off the ground, late 1980 I joined serving appointed for 5 Years with 24 Flight at Cleveland Street Boys High School, Sydney and Camden Field Training Flight at Camden, NSW.


1980 Aged 19 My interview/induction at NSW Squadron HQ
Click on image for Larger Size.

Indeed WHERE ARE THEY NOW??? 
Click on image for Larger Size

Happy days, we had a lot of great times and adventures a plenty.

I did exchange training with our local Ares (Army Reserve) SUR - Sydney University Regiment and had a memorable "shoot" at Holsworthy one weekend firing The S.L.R, L4A4 "Bren" Machine Gun, sitting out in the rain watching "Cross of Iron" old WWII German war movie, they used a truck with a white white as a screen for the projector powered by a petrol generator!

My "oppo" and I were the only "blue jobs" amongst the ranks but dressed in field gear & greens, no one had a clue officer-wise who we were!

The Regiment's Padre (chaplain) at the lunch line (we had "freshie's" - real hot food) and said" "How are you soldier?", heh heh... my oppo and I pulled out our blue service dress caps, put them on, stood to attention and replied...cheekily ..."Fine boss, LAC Price at your service" and shook his hand!

It got a faff and the chaplain had something to B.S with the others officers in their mess later.


The guys and girls used to drop in to our "all ranks" mess, were I was the bar member and on a Friday nite and I spent a number of pleasant hours with both the "diggers" and the occasional officer or two playing mess bar games, "Cardinal Puff", Moriarty, where are you? and other "drinking" games, ALL designed to get you shit-faced!.

Grand days and nites indeed.  







No comments:

Uncle's Blog Archive